Presentation of the gold-nickel coating
Electrolytic deposition of gold doped by nickel with enhanced mechanical properties. Main used for technical and industrial coatings requiring good resistance to corrosion and wear. The gold nickel coating meets MIL-G-45240C, type 1 and 2, grade C. This treatment is available with bulk and rack process.
Technical features of the gold-nickel coating
- Density: 17,5
- Hardness of deposit: +/- 150 HV
- Rate of nickel: +/- 0,21 %
- Contact resistance: +/- 5 mOhms
- Appearance: yellow light, reproduces the surface of the substrate.
- Weldability: correct.
Recommendations for the gold nickel coating
The gold nickel coating is used on an underlayer of nickel, phosphorus nickel or copper.
- Normal operating conditions: thickness 0.2 µm to 1.27 µm.
- Severe operating conditions: thickness 1.27 µm to 5 µm.