Presentation of the Gold cobalt coating
Electrolytic deposition of gold doped by cobalt with enhanced mechanical properties. Main used for technical and industrial coatings requiring good resistance to corrosion and wear. The gold-cobalt coating meets MIL-G-45240C, type 1 and 2, grade C. This treatment is available with bulk and rack process.
Technical features of the gold cobalt coating
- Density: 17,5
- Hardness of deposit: +/- 150 HV
- Rate of cobalt: +/- 0,21 %
- Contact resistance: +/- 5 mOhms
- Appearance: yellow hot, reproduces the surface of the substrate.
- Weldability: correct.
Recommendations for the gold-cobalt coating
- The gold-cobalt coating is used on an underlayer of nickel, phosphorus nickel or copper.
- Normal operating conditions: thickness 0.2 µm to 1.27 µm.
- Severe operating conditions: thickness 1.27 µm to 5 µm.